Saturday, September 26, 2009

S.L.O.B Character - What I Did This Weekend


Dear Diary,

You don’t know how angry I am! Today darn Lilly was reaching out to touch the Mary statue right on her red painted heart. What was she thinking? She is not a part of us and she never will be. How dare she! I furiously shut my piano and slammed the door closed to my room. I know Lilly and Rosaleen are hiding something from my sisters and I .Sooner or later the truth is bound to come out.

As I sat in my room, all day, I tried to distract myself by reading and grading my students’ homework. But I couldn't concentrate on anything! Every time I feel like this I pray to my beloved Mary .I knelt to my knees asking for forgiveness on how I handled today’s situation. Sometimes I wish she could talk back and tell me what to do and what is right.

My sister August has pounded on my bedroom door fifteen times today, I counted. Why should I answer? I feel like she is on Lilly’s side instead of her own sister’s. I played the cello for a while, until evening came and I realized I was starving and exhausted.

When it was finally so late that I knew everyone in the pink house was asleep, I creaked the door open slowly and tiptoed to the fridge. I grabbed the honey and bread and chewed ferociously, since I had not eaten since breakfast! On my way back to collapse on my bed ,my toe crashed into a chair’s leg. The plate in my hand flew and seemed to perform flips over and over again until it met the ground and shattered. I shrieked in surprise and though to myself, “This is just not my day!”I hope tomorrow will be better.

Goodbye for now,
June Boatwright

4 comments:

  1. I love how you made this a journal entry.
    It was very descriptive and showed lots of emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that to how you made it into like a sorta type journal entry because its unique, I also like the way you make me picture it in my head because its descriptive like i really know what your saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you give yours self a lot of emotions.
    this paragraphs are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked how you made it like a diary. I liked how said Lily's emotions and feelings. It was really descriptive. :)

    ReplyDelete