Monday, April 19, 2010

School Daze




QUOTE
"What have you personally learned to help teachers with their task?"
"Don't ask questions."

MY RESPONSE
Ishmael and Julie's conversation about teachers not wanting their students to ask questions really struck me. It made me wonder if teachers really are bothered when their students don't understand something they are teaching. I chose to respond to this quote because it really had me interested and I started to form my own opinions on this subject. I think it would be a student's fault if they didn't understand something because you could always ask your teacher a question that will help you figure out what you were wondering about. I don't really agree with the author because he is basically stereotyping that all teachers are the same.

3 comments:

  1. You're right, he's painting broad strokes here. I think this may be the case in certain schools, but hopefully you don't encounter it here too much at High Tech High.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quote also struck me because it made me think more about the student-teacher relationship because not all the teachers care about their students' understanding everything. Some just do their job. I agree with you that not all teachers are the same. I also think that the students are the ones who should ask questions even though their teachers get mad at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that you did just go with everyone and you disagreed with the author that should that u are independent and you go with what you think not what everyone else thinks.

    ReplyDelete