Sunday, April 25, 2010

Talking These Ideas Out


While watching Food Inc. I was shocked about how meat is really processed. Something that struck me was all the horrible torture that animals go through just so someone can buy it at a grocery store, cook it, and take a bite. It was really sad to see that at certain places chickens are seen as so valueless that they are put in the dark to live in their own feces. The person I interviewed was my mom. I asked her what her definition of organic was. She said,"Organic means all natural. It is food with no hormones put into it and that hasn't been cleaned with chemicals." My family feels like animals should be treated humanely. They agree with me about how animals who are slaughtered for meat, like chickens,cows,or pigs should live happy lives and be able to roam around. Although watching the video hasn't changed what I eat, it has changed what I think about it and I have learned a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Illiana,
    I liked how Food Inc. had the same impact on me as it did on you. I totally agree with what you wrote here in your blog. I also understood the definition of organic more by reading your blog. Good job!

    Kaithlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Illiana :)
    It also struck me how they treated the animals and how crowded they were. Also I think it's horrible all the things they put in chickens to make them really fat but then they are too fat that they can't walk around. I agree with your family and you that animals should live happy. I also learned a lot from the movie.

    ReplyDelete